- Board Level Policy Document: (1) Ends, (3) Staff Limitations, (3) Board-staff linkage, (4) board process (includes conflict of interest, compensation policy)
- Minutes from previous meetings
- Board roster that includes contact information and affiliations
- Board member commitment letter, conflict of interest declaration (signed copy)
- Board Agenda Schedule (calendars board meetings 18-24 months into the future)
- Organizational calendar with all organization’s events
- Most recent board process training content, example: Governance Matters, Good Training document: Governance is Leadership Excellence by Capacity Partnership Group.
12 August 2010
Recommended Board Member Notebook Contents
Welcome back! Sometimes I get some really good questions from clients about board issues. I liked this question about what information is routinely needed by board members and at board meetings. Here are my ideas for 2010.