May 19 – 20, 2010
Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Templo Calvario CDC
2617 W. 5th St.
Santa Ana, CA 92703
Cost: $50.00 per person
(Price includes: workshop materials, continental breakfast and lunch)
Register on-line at www.kingdomcauses.org
Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD)
In many communities, churches and organizations attempt community transformation by asking what is wrong in the community, what has to be fixed. ABCD approaches community transformation by asking what is right, what is working and how can everyone contribute their skills and passion to make life better!
We invite you to join us for an engaging and interactive event where we will learn how to look at our community as places of great treasure! Training includes:
• Theology of Development
• Needs-Based vs. Asset-Based
• Social Service vs. Community Building
• Gifts of Individuals
• The Negative Power of Labels
• Gifts of Associations & Institutions
• Stewardship Role of the Local Church
• Discovering What People Care About
• Listening Conversations
• Community Transformation Model
• Role of Connector/Catalyst
• Setting the Table for Community Partnership & Collaboration
• The Community Organizing Process – ABCD into Action
• Asset-Mapping – Circles of Care
• Champions for a Stronger Community – Next Steps