- Project conceptualization to completion, management, compliance, evaluation, and communication strategy
- Written communication and project reporting
- Assessment of organizational and community needs, capacity building planning, coaching, mentoring
- Outcome and asset mapping, community partnerships and linkages
- Integration of Christian faith with compassion and justice, economic & community development, microenterprise, microfinance and workforce development
- Board governance process and function using Policy Governance® model, board policy design
- Nonprofit startup, strategic planning, program design, board recruitment
- Experienced in faith based community development and nonprofit leadership
Recent Consultant Roles
Board Development and Governance Function Since 2003
• Focusing board on exchange it has with the world as outcomes and impacts outside of its own walls
• Implementation, training, monitoring, comprehensive governance model for boards
• Development of training materials, policy writing and monitoring tools
Organizational Growth, Program Design, Evaluation Since 2003
- Designed and implemented community and economic development projects, workforce development
- In depth organizational assessment, leadership mentoring, growth planning and management
- Community development, partnerships and collaborations
Workshops & Teaching Since 1989
- Designed curriculum, workshops for adults, evaluated results, and one-hour to multiple-day conference workshops all areas of nonprofit management, community development, immigration, mentoring
- Classroom teaching, adult learning, workshops, public speaking—board governance process, board development, economic development as microenterprise, financial literacy and fiscal management, resource development, fund raising strategy
World Vision Southern California Metro Los Angeles and Pomona, CA
Program Manager 2006-2007
- Managed $875,000 project to provide training, coaching, and technical assistance
- Designed a sub-award program including competitive application process, application evaluation, completion
- Assessed, mentored leadership in community organizations in south Los Angeles and Pomona
- Communicated results to internal and external clients, including US government partners
Mennonite Economic Development Associates Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, Indianapolis
Regional Manager 2003-2005
- Managed a $3,750,000 project to increase capacity of 40 organizations in 5 in the USA.
- Planned organizational development strategies with leaders of community and faith-based organizations.
- Designed grantmaking program, evaluated applications and made award decisions.
- Monitored and evaluated progress of capacity building projects with organizational clients and consultants.
Executive Director 1989-2004
- Designed and implemented faith-based microenterprise, workforce development, financial literacy, and Asset Development programs to improve the economic wellbeing of families in south Los Angeles.
- Developed linkages with businesses, financial institutions and community partners to reach mutual goals and outcomes
EducationMaster of Divinity, Denver Seminary, Denver, Colorado
Bachelor of Arts, InterCultural Studies, Biola University, La Mirada, California
Your ideas matter here! Please leave a comment.